[Chugalug] Proof that kids today are living in a golden era...

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 20:54:24 UTC 2013

When I was a kid, I could probably buy a comic book and a few packs of
baseball cards with what I could make mowing a lawn.

I would gladly pay a neighbor kid $20 to mow my lawn. What does $20 buy
today?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2BK0TR4036

Yeah. Freakin' sunglasses with a built-in video camera. And before you
poo-poo the "lousy" 640x480x30fps resolution, think back to what video
cameras were like 30 years ago...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Old_School_JVC_Camcorder.jpg

And yeah, a rich neighbor _MIGHT_ let me borrow one of those bad boys to
shoot a very short video...

-Eric