[Chugalug] Redhat Yum can still be RPM-Hell(tm)

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed Aug 28 19:16:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013, Lynn Dixon wrote:
> I don't know that I would call it the MS Way, seeing as the service command uses /etc/init.d/someservice I would much
> rather type the shorter command service httpd start as compared to the longer /etc/init.d/httpd start

I'm just used to systems with much less helpers, and remember when even
the /etc/rc.x/ init.d way was the "new" way.. or at least, I seem to
remember there was a way that was different so long ago.

The "service" word is just more acceptable to the MS-community
and those who don't believe in Daemons.