[Chugalug] Gnome planning to remove middle click copy-paste

Benjamin Stewart stewartbenjamin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 19:04:49 UTC 2013

Ctrl-ins and shift-ins still work on Windows 7! They use the same buffer as
the other keys, though.

Emacs has a "kill-ring" that allows you to cycle through everything you
have cut/copied during your entire session. It takes getting used to, but
it sure is nice! I wish operating systems other than Emacs had that option.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM, DaWorm <daworm at gmail.com> wrote:

> >  ..it essentially gives me double copy-paste buffers...
>
> While I have often longed for multiple copy/paste buffers, I believe that
> would confuse me, as I'd never remember which buffer I copied what to.  I'm
> too used to cntrl-c, cntrl-v (Wordstar DOS) and shift-ins and shift-del
> (Win 3.0 or at least Win95).
>
> Jeff.

                              Benjamin Stewart

                               <o(((><