[Chugalug] Redhat Yum can still be RPM-Hell(tm)

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 15:28:19 UTC 2013

I don't know that I would call it the MS Way, seeing as the service command
uses /etc/init.d/someservice
I would much rather type the shorter command service httpd start as
compared to the longer /etc/init.d/httpd start

Whether we call it a "service" or a "daemon" is purely a matter of
semantics. :-P

Im happy to help wherever I can, I have a few Red Hat certifications, and
rarely get to use them at work since we have a realtively small *NIX
footprint at work.