[Chugalug] Redhat Yum can still be RPM-Hell(tm)

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 13:38:04 UTC 2013

Mike,
The reason your getting that error is because the *dts repos are the "Red
Hat Developer Tool Set" which (I think) will require a subscription to the
Developer Tool Set channel.  Red Hat recently annouced this prodcut at
Summit this year. I sit in one of the sessions that discussed it, and its
actually a really awesome step that Red Hat is doing for developers.

Here is the powerpoints they did:
http://www.redhat.com/developerexchange/Red_Hat_Summit_2013_DevDay-Matt_Newsome-v0.8.pdf

DTS is Red Hat's way of getting some really newer packages in RHEL to
support developers, since RHEL is typically several versions "behind" due
to their vetting and quality control process for Production RHEL.

You can safely disable the DTS repo, several ways.  You can edit the .repo
file in /etc/yum.repos.d or you can use the follwoing command:
yum --disablerepo=rhel-server-**dts*

Hope that helps!