[Chugalug] Redhat Yum can still be RPM-Hell(tm)

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed Aug 28 05:13:42 UTC 2013

I built a Centos server two weeks ago.. No real issues besides my learning
curve.

But an upcoming install requires licensed support OS and Database servers.
This means, for this project and some others: Redhat 6.4 Server.

On first boot, after joining the Redhat subscription network and such OK.

I can't get past, and would like to find a work-around:
(yes, I've been searching redhat's support site.. seems a lot of problem
with this kind of thing, but no solutions for this specific one):

[root at footest1 ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: product-id, security, subscription-manager
This system is receiving updates from Red Hat Subscription Management.
rhel-6-server-cf-tools-1-rpms
| 2.8 kB     00:00
rhel-6-server-rhev-agent-rpms
| 3.1 kB     00:00
rhel-6-server-rpms
| 3.7 kB     00:00
rhel-ha-for-rhel-6-server-rpms
| 3.7 kB     00:00
rhel-lb-for-rhel-6-server-rpms
| 3.7 kB     00:00
rhel-rs-for-rhel-6-server-rpms
| 3.7 kB     00:00
rhel-scalefs-for-rhel-6-server-rpms
| 3.7 kB     00:00
rhel-server-dts-6-rpms
| 3.1 kB     00:00
https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/server/6/6Server/x86_64/devtoolset/2/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not
Found"
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
rhel-server-dts2-6-rpms. Please verify its path and try again