[Chugalug] Client burned by previous hosting provider

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Aug 26 22:51:14 UTC 2013

> Price a RackSpace "Sites" Plan, or a "managed" server.  I have a
> client now that is consuming 2U for a single socket server + firewall
> they could have bought free and clear within 3 monthly payments.  And
> I could spin up an entire rack in a colo for less than they pay a
> month for that single socket.

Work (utiliflex.com) pays good money for hosting a nice server
with external firewall and an external drive at Networks Inc.

After another day of sporadic network outages at our office location,
it's been worth it. Networks has a basic colo area, which I'd enjoy
helping clean-up: but it's stable, has good bandwidth and nice neighbors
in the racks. Most importantly, Jim, Dave and Crew answers the phone/email
and wouldn't let anyone with just the magic password touch our server.

And yes, I use Linode as well, both have their place and features.