[Chugalug] Client burned by previous hosting provider

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 19:02:32 UTC 2013

How can a potential new client be so burned by a web hosting company in the
past that they absolutely refuse to let anyone manage a VPS or other type
of server for them, and they insist on purchasing their own hardware or
unmanaged VPS, even though they don't have anyone technical on their team,
much less anyone who knows anything about server administration?

This contract I'm working on will mean more money for me in the long run
(more expensive for them because of setup costs, an on-going maintenance
contract, and 24/7 monitoring fees), but good grief - I've tried everything
I know how to steer them away from this option because they simply don't
have the expertise.

I feel bad for the client, but I'm pretty furious that they feel so jaded
by their previous hosting provider that they've lost all trust for all
hosting providers.

--
David White
Founder & CEO