[Chugalug] Programmatically generating LaTeX

Sean Brewer seabre986 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 06:01:16 UTC 2013

This is kinda off-topic, but do you guys use any kind of build system with
your LaTeX?

I use a Rake file with tasks to build and clean the generated files. I also
use Guard to watch the file I'm working on, which automatically builds the
TeX file using the rake tasks for me as I save. If I have a PDF viewer open
to the PDF while I save, it'll update, which is cool.

I think there's an editor in MacTeX that will do a side-by-side preview
with your code and the output, but not "watch" it. Is there an editor that
does what I'm doing?