[Chugalug] OT Android tablet

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Fri Aug 23 18:07:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013, Frank Fry wrote:
> I have a customer that wants to use android tablets in their business for the customers to use.  Some of the requirements are that It must be secure if
> stolen then it will brick without any chance of recovery unless returned.  It must be durable i.e drop resistant and liquid resistant.   In other words
> military spec type or close enough.  I have looked and cannot find anything that fits what I need.

http://www.mypidion.com/main/main.asp

http://www.trimble.com/construction/heavy-civil/site-positioning-systems/Trimble-Tablet.aspx?dtID=overview&

http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughpad/us/best-rugged-tablet.asp

There are add-on apps and systems for remote locking bricking, including
one where if it doesn't call home in X days it gets locked/bricked.

But I'd call these guys first:  http://www.sdgsystems.com/

We've bought gear from them are were impressed with their product
knowledge and willingness/ability to make a working solution.

Note: None of these answers are cheap.