[Chugalug] OT Android tablet

Jon Stanford jbirdvegas at aokp.co
Fri Aug 23 17:47:21 UTC 2013

I'd go with a Nexus 7 or 10, but really any tablet running ICS or above has Disk Encryption available to it.

For security:
1) enable Full Disk Encryption (uses the dm-crypt layer in the Linux kernel)
2) enable a lockscreen lock (pattern or pin)

**If the attacker can get to the device while its booted and unlocked its possible to defeat / disable the lockscreen
***I don't think its possible to defeat the encryption without 1) knowing the password *or* 1) unlocking the device (which triggers a full disk wipe anyways) 2) installing a custom recovery designed to defeat the encryption (eg Frost)

For drop protection:
1) You'll have to find a "Life-Proof" case I don't know of a specific example but they exist for all other Android devices so I'd assume they are available for the N7/10's also.