[Chugalug] More on Bitcoin:

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 04:13:38 UTC 2013

If I go into my gargage (assuming I had one) and build a car, from parts I
get from a junk yard, or order online - whatever.  If i build that car, and
sell it to someone - and that car blows up and kills that person ... I'm
going to go to jail.

If I buy a plot of land, start digging for oil, find it -but end up spewing
giga-gallons into the neighboring wetlands .... I'm probably going to go to
jail - or at least being hit with a fine so big I'll never see another dime
of income for as long as I live.

BUT - if I do those things under the protection of acting on behalf of a
"Corporation" - worst that can happen is I lose my job, and if I own any
stock, that stock becomes worthless.  Probably, though, if I'm high enough
on the corporate ladder to actually be responsible for those things,
nothing bad will happen to me at all.

That's the type of personal responsibility I'm talking about.  Nothing to
do with any french royalty.

*- Chad W. Smith*