[Chugalug] Blog post - "Open source culture thrives in Chattanooga"

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 13:25:03 UTC 2013

Quoting Phil Shapiro <pshapiro at his.com>:

> Here we go.
>

> http://opensource.com/life/13/8/open-source-chattanooga
>

> http://tinyurl.com/mmu32j6
>

> If you'd like to tweet this, here is a suggested tweet:
>

> "Open source culture thrives in Chattanooga"
> http://tinyurl.com/mmu32j6 @ thegigcity @ natenatenate @ griffey #
> opensource
>

> Rock on. I'll be blogging more about Chatt, so keep me in the loop
> about any interesting stuff that I might include in future blog
> posts. Also, if there are any videographers in the group, I'd love
> to link to a video showing that movable statue located near The
> Chattanoogan -- ideally with a child having fun moving the wheel.
> You folks produce very cool stuff in Chatt, but you need to be
> documenting it more in YouTube videos.
>

> phil
>

> Okay, I've formed an image of the video that's needed: A kid having
> fun moving the wheel of the statue (and showing the statue moving
> itself) -- with an older couple walking by -- arm in arm --
> observing the situation with a smile. You can easily hire older
> couples from RentAnOlderCouple.com (heh)
>

> Naturally, hide a small penguin somewhere in the video shot -- not
> too obvious. Maybe in the opening of the video for a second or two
> as the camera pans across to the statue. Not obvious! Subtle. Maybe
> a college student carrying some books in their arms -- including a
> small stuffed penguin, or somesuch.

Phil, I'm a trained videographer (I even have a BS degree in Mass
Communications) but I don't have any video equipment besides my
digital camera. If someone else has any semi-pro equipment we could
borrow, I'll be glad to donate my time, providing we can work out a
schedule that doesn't interfere with work (or my photography. :D)