[Chugalug] So how fast of a connection does Zmap require?

Jon Stanford jbirdvegas at aokp.co
Thu Aug 22 00:41:07 UTC 2013

ok holy crap! You can significantly decrease the amount of time needed to scan if you include the -t (threads) argument I ran these two commands

sudo zmap -p 80 -t 8 -o http.txt
sudo zmap -p 443 -t 8 -o https.txt

http.txt included 27281 results
https.txt included 14174 results

I started pinging a few of the http IPs and seems most (that I tried) are chinesse websites, password protected portals or routers. I probably shoudn't have but I encountered five routers and all of them allowed login with the default password ... duh "password"

I'm going to stop playing with zmap before I get myself in trouble but holy crap its a new scary tool for hackers to utilize. SCARY!

oh and the total run time of each of those commands was under 20 seconds actually ~13 seconds each

/me runs to ensure router passwords are sane