[Chugalug] OT Funny IT Stories

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 14:58:14 UTC 2013

In the primordial days of COL, before John came on board to put a more
professional face on customer support, we had a customer who called in for
help getting connected. I asked the customer to check their Winsock
settings and the customer replied, "The computer is over at my house."
After some inquiry and disbelief, I came to realize the customer was
calling from he neighbor's house because he did not have a home phone. And
yet, he wanted to connect to COL back in the day with Mosaic was the most
common browser followed by Lynx.

-Eric