[Chugalug] OT Funny IT Stories

Mike Smith mikeosmith at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 23:27:34 UTC 2013

Name of company omitted to protect the guilty.

There was a Mac, a mouse taped to a rubber band in turn taped to the desk.
A string connected to a phone cord connected to a small oscillating fan.
The fan would turn and the tension was just so that the mouse would move to
keep the mac from going to sleep. It was a production critical system.

Pointing out that you could turn off sleep, or remove it from the group in
XServe, or DONT PUT PRODUCTION ON AN EXPOSED USER CLASS SYSTEM all had the
same affect.

Thanks,
Mike Smith
(423) 650-4417