[Chugalug] OT Funny IT Stories

Aaron welch n2nightfall at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 21:26:19 UTC 2013

I once worked on a UT professors computer in the support department.  I
stuck a CD in the CDROM drive to install some driver software, but it would
not read the disk.  I used this disk like 100 times a day, so I know it
worked.  I open the tray and look at the disk, but there is nothing wrong.
 As I go to put it back into the drive I notice something weird about the
tray, a brown ring.  As it turns out, he thought that the coffee tray was
the best idea ever for computers as it kept him from spilling it on his
desk piled with crap.

-AW

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought I'd start this because I was just telling some friends about
> something that happened at a previous company, and I wanted to hear more
> funny stories from the IT world.
>
> The company I worked at used HP Service Center for etickets. We called
> their support because we had a question about LDAP authentication. The
> support guy told us that we would have to call LDAP with the question.
>
> Who's next?
>
> --
> Google reads my email!

Aaron Welch