[Chugalug] SAMBA-Lite?

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 20 18:54:23 UTC 2013

hmmm, I was under the impression that samba/cifs was not routeable over the internet...   don't have time to verify/research right now

I vaguely remember performing some sort of voodoo a few years ago using putty ssh tunnel and I had the "public folder" at the main office appear as a windows drive letter on my WinXP box, located at a remote office.   The ssh tunnel was easy; the voodoo was on the Windows side.

I've slept (upside down, hanging from a tree) since then...