[Chugalug] SAMBA-Lite?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Aug 20 16:17:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013, Matt Keys wrote:
> how about read only http/webdav?

Such surrealists... who don't live in a major corporations strickly
enforced M$-centrix world. That I got them to let me install a Linux box,
at all, is a feat that should go down in history. I can remote into it
by using a Win7 box and pointing to a web page that requires MSIE, ActiveX
AND Java to setup a weird version of Checkpoint's firewall crap, that
allows me to remote desktop into another Winders 'Puter so I can SSH
into the Linux box. My usage is so closely monitored that when the admin
kept seeing make weird typo's because I have a US keyboard and the system
is in Portguese, he nicely installed English support to let me swap
keyboards. The Windows displays are still mostly Portuguese, but at least
I can type. I had to get permission to install Putty and Portable Firefox.
The Linux server can see exactly 3 other IP's, 2 servers it interfaces
with and the Win7 desktop I use to work on it. No 'Net. I update/install
things by copying files to the Win7 box via rdesktop, then to the Linux system
by PuttySCP,

The good news: It works. :)