[Chugalug] SAMBA-Lite?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Aug 20 13:23:15 UTC 2013

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013, Ed King wrote:
> we've been using sshfs for years (well, since 2009) for linux<->linux file sharing
> I was curious if there was a windoze client for sshfs...    looks like there is one in Google code repository.
> Haven't used the Windoze client so can't vouch for it.

Was going to try Resara, but it looks like it's dead and was
possibly a shell for samba. http://www.resara.org/

Went ahead and installed Samba early this morning and made it work
with a very simple single read only guest share.

They needed drop dead simple network access for a Winders User...
so it works.  They control access with some insane firewall rules.