[Chugalug] Pi or 'Duino?

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 19 12:51:43 UTC 2013

why is it that 90 percent of my personal projects seem to "stall" because something more important comes up

I was making "some" progress on my r-pi disco ceiling project...   found a console-based mp3 player that had ascii-character spectrum analyzer output, I thought, "because this is console mode app, it should run faster/smoother than an Xwinderz app"   Wrong!   It brings my not-overclocked pi to its knees.

http://vanheusden.com/consolecandy/

I was in the process of studying the code to see if I could take only what I needed (I don't need no stinkin spectrum display, but I do need to know when certain frequencies are "hit" so I can light up the corresponding colored light), and then my mutha-in-law got me sucked into another project..   fix the gauges in her 2003 silverado...

http://usedcarsit.com/content/chevrolet-speedometer-gauge-repair-instrument-cluster

so I guess I'll have to keep my polyester dance suit in the closet a little while longer