[Chugalug] Newbie question

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Aug 19 08:49:11 UTC 2013

Dan spake:
> And if you can get into the habit of the two user style, then when it
> comes time to work off of a master database and a replicated slave, you
> can point each of those database handles to the appropriate master
> (writable) and slave (read-only).

That's something we have started to do with our reporting engine,
a few reports run off the real time system because they are "today"
reports. The rest, either use a slave server on other hardware
or an early AM copy of the system. I can't make it read only because
of the temporary tables and other silly things I tend to do, but it is
limited.