[Chugalug] Newbie question

Randy Yates lpcustom at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 21:25:47 UTC 2013

If you are selected everything in the table, it should work. You can run
the fetchAll() without an argument and it will return an array. I'd have to
see your code to see why it's not working.

You should also get in the habit of creating a user specifically for the
database, instead of using the root user. Throwing root at it is easy, but
force yourself to do the tedious stuff. Create a database user and grant it
privileges to just that database.

Also check your php.ini and see what the error_reporting is set to. You may
want to set it to show more information so that you can debug your code
easier. If it's not already, set it to E_ALL

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Tyler Mittan <flashbatmanquestion at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I am trying to use a foreach loop, but it's not showing the entire
> database. Is this because I incorrectly used fetchall?
> On Aug 18, 2013 4:47 PM, "Tyler Mittan" <flashbatmanquestion at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> THANK YOU!
>> On Aug 18, 2013 4:43 PM, "Randy Yates" <lpcustom at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On the second problem, your connection string for PDO is incorrect. You
>>> are missing "dbname=" before the variable containing your database name.

>>> --
>>> Google reads my email!

Google reads my email!