[Chugalug] OT: Frustration

John Aldrich mrmaxx at spamcop.net
Sun Aug 18 12:30:26 UTC 2013

On Sat August 17 2013 11:33:42 PM Lynn Dixon wrote:

John, I just upgraded my VIP622 and VIP722 receivers to a Hopper with sling. I used a
1tb hard drive to copy all my shows from my old receivers before the tech came out.
It was a pain to get the old receivers to see the hdd.
Try making sure your dvr has latest firmware and then pulling the power plug for 10
minutes. Then power back up and see if it will format your hdd for use.
If that fails you can call and request the tech to send a "hit"  to your dvr to force a
firmware flash.
The hopper recognized the drive and let me copy my movies over with no problems
however. So they made some great progress on those things. Excellent receivers.
Yeah. I've got an old standard-def DVR, the 625. That model is not listed among those
that support external hard drives. Plus, after looking on the web, I found some
information that says that model doesn't support an external hard drive either. :(

I guess it won't hurt to unplug it for 10 minutes, but I don't think it's likely to help from
what I can tell. :(