[Chugalug] OT: Frustration

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 03:33:42 UTC 2013

John,
I just upgraded my VIP622 and VIP722 receivers to a Hopper with sling.
I used a 1tb hard drive to copy all my shows from my old receivers before
the tech came out. It was a pain to get the old receivers to see the hdd.

Try making sure your dvr has latest firmware and then pulling the power
plug for 10 minutes. Then power back up and see if it will format your hdd
for use.

If that fails you can call and request the tech to send a "hit"  to your
dvr to force a firmware flash.

The hopper recognized the drive and let me copy my movies over with no
problems however. So they made some great progress on those things.
Excellent receivers.