[Chugalug] OT: Cisco UCS - Has anyone tried Zoning on Fabric Internconnects?

Reed Gregory reed.gregory at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 00:11:16 UTC 2013

Well I suppose you could have the VNX have a 24-hour tiering schedule and
it would move stuff around all the time.  At EMC world they did say they
had customers doing that.  I am not sure if it is recommended.  Probably
put it on low to medium though.  As I am sure you are aware from EMC
marketing, the fast cache (64kb chucks) is their real-time tiering and the
FAST (1G chucks) is really the longer term tiering.  All depends on your
skew.

We migrated from 2 CX4 to a single VNX5300 and are happy with the
performance so far, well after we stopped doing the VNX snapshots of
course.  More marketing stuff that is not as good as it sounds.

We should be evaluating some nexus 6001s soon which will be fun.

Reed Gregory
reed.gregory at gmail.com