[Chugalug] OT: Cisco UCS - Has anyone tried Zoning on Fabric Internconnects?

Bret McHone dbmchone at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 23:43:20 UTC 2013

That's how our current ucs deployment is with our cx4. We have two nexus
5020 fcoe with fc connections to the san and UCS.

We are looking at either the VNX2 5600 or the IBM XIV. Either way it will
only be using 10Gb. I think I am probably goint to stick withe the nexus as
the distribution point for the san. Its proven, I'm familiar with it and
there's lots of documentation on it.

EMC really dropped the ball on us earlier this year, so ive been skeptical
of everything they presented to us. But if you haven't looked into the VNX2
it has addressed a number of my reservations over their systems. If only
they had real time tiering instead of scheduled tiering.. but now you can
fit 4tb of fast cache on the thing.

-B