[Chugalug] OT: Cisco UCS - Has anyone tried Zoning on Fabric Internconnects?

Bret McHone dbmchone at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 13:07:43 UTC 2013

I'm just curious if any of you Cisco Gurus out there have tried the
software release on a UCS platform that allows for zoning on the Fabric
Interconnects?

With the purchase of a new SAN immenent, I like to review configurations
and make sure the way we are going to put things in place is going to be
what fits our needs best.

While I openly admit that I dislike Cisco for their
switches/wireless/cost/complexity.. I have to hand it to them about the
Nexus 5K/2K  and UCS platform. It's really nice and they were actually able
to get the price to a really competitive point on those.

Thanks,
Bret