[Chugalug] What are choices for an embedded database?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Thu Aug 15 02:27:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013, Rod-Lists wrote:
> I'm thinking of trying my hand at a little gaming app and need an embedded database.
> I found SQLite. Can MariaDB be embedded or is that overkill for a small desktop program?

All of the mobile app people I know swear by SQLite.. Even on
M$-products.. or is it: Especially on M$-products. It has limits..
but are good enough for most small applications.

If your application really is a business-ish database application,
Maria/MySQL might be a better choice, and if it's a serious hoss database
hog: PostgreSQL...