[Chugalug] If your not moved by this speech, your frog has been boiled!

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 01:15:42 UTC 2013

I am not sure, but, having watched the first 30 minutes of this - I don't
think Mr. Moglen is promoting Greek-style Austerity measures be taken
anywhere.  I believe (and please, correct me if I am wrong) that he is
referring to the fact that there is less money available to the average
person today than there previously was.  Basically, what he seems to be
promoting is how can we encourage, promote, and facilitate innovation
without just throwing money at someone and saying "make something cool".

Basically, it seems (and I am completely oversimplifying here) his answer
is Free Software™®©, legislation that will make all devices hackable
(phones, tablets, etc.), and making all human knowledge that was recorded
prior to this lifetime (which he doesn't define, but I'd guess 70 ~ 100
years) should be made freely available to anyone and everyone.

Also, the man hates Facebook.

*- Chad W. Smith*