[Chugalug] NewEgg scam

John Aldrich mrmaxx at spamcop.net
Wed Aug 14 02:38:33 UTC 2013

On Tue August 13 2013 10:54:55 AM John Aldrich wrote:
> Quoting Ed King <chevyiinova at bellsouth.net>:
> > meet the new egg
> > same as the old egg
>
> Just got a reply back from my request that they re-open my case.
> Basically it was the same old BS "this is warranted by the
> manufacturer for 5 years and I'm sorry, but it's been more than 30
> days since you bought the drive so we can't honor the warranty."
> (paraphrased)
>
> Of course, she conveniently forgets that I originally requested the
> RMA within the 30 day period. *sigh* I may end up having to sue them
> in small claims court. :(

OK. I managed to explain the facts of life to the supervisor of the front-line
RMA agent. She apparently didn't like the word "fraud" and has agreed to 1)
refund my money and 2) pay for shipping the drive back to NewEgg.

I just find it incredible that I had to go to all this hassle just to get them
to stand behind what they sold me.