[Chugalug] Another Cisco Question

John Aldrich mrmaxx at spamcop.net
Wed Aug 14 02:36:31 UTC 2013

I have to say for *transport* gear, Cyan has some stuff that kicks Cisco's
15454 butt all day long. Some really nice features like adjacent cards talk to
each other over the backplane, etc. Plus you get more ports for less with
Cyan.

We have deployed a LOT of Cyan transport gear in our network at Windstream. My
understanding is that the founder of Cyan is a former Cisco design engineer
and he had some ideas how to make things better, so he started his own company
and, is, I think, probably making a dent in Cisco's transport gear sales.