[Chugalug] Another Cisco Question

Bret McHone dbmchone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 17:15:06 UTC 2013

I honestly believe that Cisco is good stuff and their gear flat out works… The company just doesn't work with us very well and the gear seems to be a bit overcomplicated to me. We tried to buy 50+ 48-port PoE+ switches and they were still about 30-40% MORE than the next competitor even after pitching the 2960S instead of the 3750X. Also, when we evaluated their wireless gear a few years back it actually took the "Cisco Engineers" (the "partner" cisco sent to us to work with) 3 days just to make 5 APs work for our test area. I wasn't impressed.

-B