[Chugalug] NewEgg scam

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 13 16:52:52 UTC 2013

Quoting Stephen Kraus <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com>:

> ....why did Bitcoin come up in a thread about Newegg Scams?
>
> Also: Lynn, please take no offense, but the whole 'I've made a huge profit
> from Bitcoins, it works for me' is literally what you will hear people say
> in pyramid scams.
>
> So, will they take the drive? Will they at least let you return for a
> refund? I've never had problems with Newegg, wonder what happened.

Nope. NewEgg is claiming that I "damaged" the drive somehow, but have
yet to explain what the "damage" was, beyond the superficial /
cosmetic damage received from putting it into my computer. I have
escalated from the CS peon who can only follow the script to their
boss. Have to see what Ms. Yang says.

For one thing, though, as I mentioned, Seagate says this was a USED
drive and was originally sold as an external drive, apparently in a
case. Someone, could have been NewEgg, could have been a customer,
removed the drive from the case and NewEgg sold it as a "new" drive.