[Chugalug] Another Cisco Question

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 16:30:14 UTC 2013

I actually have a client that uses the Ubiquity APs. They work fine, but
what I don't like about them is the Java-based controller that you have to
use with them. I didn't set them up, but the person who did, didn't relay
any information to me about them, so I basically had to go in and figure
everything out (I didn't have any passwords, and in the course of "figuring
things out" I managed to break the software by uninstalling what I thought
was an old version of Java from the server).

Took me a while, but I know how they work now. Again, I like them - they're
nice - but I just don't like that Java-based controller software!

I did just find the WAP321, which looks like its cheaper for (almost) the
same feature sets. Another option is Meraki - I sat in on a Meraki "Intro
to Cloud Networking" webinar a couple weeks ago, and I know they have some
good stuff.

And yes, there's also Ubiquity, which I haven't ruled out yet.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Dave Brockman <dave at brockmans.com> wrote:

David White
Founder & CEO
*