[Chugalug] Another Cisco Question

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 15:46:19 UTC 2013

Since there seems to be so many OT threads going on recently about hardware
recommendations, router recommendations, and my own recent thread about
Cisco's "Manager" vs. "Partner" definition and their partner network, I
thought I'd throw another question out into the mix.

Does anyone have experience with the Aironet 1040 APs? Do you love them or
hate them? Would you recommend something else for the same capabilities?

Reviewing the datasheet (
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps11203/data_sheet_c78-609338.pdf),
it seems that I won't need to get an additional controller and can
configure it as a stand-alone device - is this correct?

What if, down the road, I want to add a 2nd 1040 to the network? Would I
need to get a controller at that point, or would I still be able to
configure the two devices to talk to each other?

- David

--
David White
Founder & CEO