[Chugalug] NewEgg scam

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 15:16:31 UTC 2013

I love the bitcoin fear in the Chugalug threads!! :-)

This fear is quite unfounded, and is approaching zealot level.

I have made a sizeable profit from Bitcoin, in many ways.  I have bought
and paid for many products using BTC as my currency.  I have even used BTC
as a legitimate exchange medium to buy/sell foreign currencies.

Having a decentralized currency that is far away from any government
control (Im looking at you Federal Reserve) whose price is set purely by
demand, is a superb idea.  The supply of Bitcoin is highly controlled,
 only 6 blocks per hour are targeted for production, and that is why we
have difficulty adjustments.  The entire P2P network controls the
algorithms, and no single individual or entity has control of it.

I have avoided all of the other Bitcoin fear/hate threads simply because
they seemed single-minded and a bit sensationalized.  I was seriously
waiting on some of those threads to spiral into someone saying its the
"mark of the beast".

But in all seriousness, I have been mining bitcoin for over 2 years now.  I
have made alot of money from my operations.  I also have never meet a
serious bitcoin miner that has LOST any money, and most of the serious
miners I talk with have made huge returns, even it todays high difficulty.

I have also meet alot of folks using the currency daily.  I use it quite
often.

For those of you shouting "SCAM!!!" and generally spewing FUD, I say this:
 For the sake of all things intelligent, open your eyes and look at those
of us whom are making honest returns, and genuine transactions using BTC. I
leave this: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scam
I have made thousands upon thousands of transactions, trades, and exchanges
using BTC as my currency.  I have YET to be "scammed". My success rate is
100% at this point, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say of the
times I have used USD for transactions, (PayPal, Craigslist, eBay, etc).
 To me, those thousands of transactions prove it to not be the definition
of a "scam".

With that being said, I will go back to reading and laughing at all those
FUD and close-minded posts about Bitcoin.  One would think that a LUG would
be more apt to accept ideas such as Bitcoin more openly, being that Bitcoin
is actually opensource.

Lynn