[Chugalug] Epic uptime achievement unlocked. Can you beat 16 years?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Aug 13 09:23:15 UTC 2013

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013, Dave Brockman wrote:
> May the spirits of IPX, NWFS-386 and SFT-III rest in peace.
>
> Anyone else remember these nightmares?:

Sigh. I had forgotten them until you brought them up.
I remember the password to most of ISN's customers was 'Platinum'
and I remember Dan Lyke using a special "login.exe" to recover admin
access at ABB Combustion Engineering that all the consultants in suits
trying to regain access to a Netframe could not do.. I remember popping
onto a coax cable outside BCBST... (they used share buildings with other
entities and run coax everywhere... )

Novell was a decent file server for the time, but people wrote programs
(NLM's?) that ran on them that did the funkiest nastiest things when they
did not work.

And your Android phone, with an SD card and WiFi sharing probably
outperforms what they did. I don't want to run the numbers.