[Chugalug] Pi or 'Duino?

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 01:05:02 UTC 2013

I was wondering about the I/O ease with the Pi. It sounds like the Arduino
is much easier. The big thing I need is to drive a stepper motor on the
treat hopper. Secondarily, I'll want to trigger some kind of bell (ala
Pavlov's Dog). I'd really like an HTTP interface I can initiate the treat
sequence. I can do all the monitoring elsewhere (front door activity,
neighbor dogs in their yards, etc).

How hard is it to get a wifi interface on the Arduino?

I think I just answered my question... right now a Wifi shield, alone,
costs about the same as a Raspberry Pi. But there's a wifi Arduino project
that costs $39 that's still in pre-order:

https://www.sparkdevices.com/status#

So where is the pain the greatest: connecting a servo to the Raspberry or
connecting wifi to the Arduino?

-Eric