[Chugalug] Pi or 'Duino?

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Tue Aug 13 00:08:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Eric Wolf <ebwolf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Raspberry Pi or an Arduino for the controller. The advantage of the Pi is
> easy of programming (Python FTW). The disadvantage is largely cost.

Arduino C++ isn't that hard. And the ease of interfacing to the
Arduino (milliamps vs microamps) makes the Arduino my first choice.

I just got a Gertboard to make Pi interfacing easier, but basically
everyone who's doing serious Pi stuff just hangs an AVR device,
usually as an Arduino, off of it to get I/O into the range where
you're not stepping on eggshells and hoping you don't overdrive the
Pi's GPIO.

Dan