[Chugalug] looking for router reccomendations, gigabit & PoE

lists at cluebat.net lists at cluebat.net
Sat Aug 10 06:08:02 UTC 2013

Yeah, it'd really depend on what your trying to power, and how many devices.
If you're trying to power IP phones, I wouldn't tie the connectivity and PoE
functions to the router, let a switch handle the PoE functions. If you're
trying to power a wireless access point, I suppose that makes a little more
sense, but I'd still rather run those through a switch. Router ports tend to
be expensive, so I think wasting them for base connectivity is a bad

Then there's always the question of budget.