[Chugalug] looking for router reccomendations, gigabit & PoE

Dave Brockman dave at brockmans.com
Fri Aug 9 23:51:01 UTC 2013

On 8/9/2013 6:14 PM, Rod-Lists wrote:
> Looking for a good router that is gigabit ready and has PoE.

PoE is more of a switch function than a router, although you can buy PoE
switch modules for some routers.  You could also look at a Layer 3
switch that provides PoE ports.  So.... on the new market, I suggest a
Cisco 1941 w/ a EHWIC-4ESG-P module, which will also require a PSU
upgrade from the base model.  If you want used... I guess it depends on
how many ports you need, but a 6500 is readily available with plenty of
cheap spare parts on Ebay, etc.  Real design requirements get real
answers, btw.

Regards,

dtb