[Chugalug] Tues evening at Chatt*Lab

Tim Youngblood timyoungblood at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 03:06:07 UTC 2013

The 4th Floor at the Chattanooga Public Library is a vital part of the
maker ecosystem here along with Chatt*lab. Our approaches are very
different but we both share the common goal of providing a place for folks
to share, learn and build cool stuff, and frankly, y'all should get to know
both organizations.

Our library, by the way, has taken a meteoric rise and is a massive asset
to our city. The stuff going on there is so far ahead of where most on this
list can even imagine. Y'all should really check it out. The 4th Floor is
one of the key factors of this rise.

Chatt*lab started the conversation on making (this time around) and we
helped get 4th Floor off the ground (Maker Day was a smash with over 1,000
attendees) along with the folks over at Co.Lab, but we are all working
together to raise the DIY tide here in Chattanooga.

Tuesday nights are our current public social night. Check us out on our Google+
Community <http://goo.gl/5eTnj> (119 followers!) for news and events. Also
check out the 4th Floor blog <http://4thfloor.chattlibrary.org/>.

Yes, *you are lucky enough to live in Chattanooga where there are two (and
counting) makerspaces*. The
DC423<https://plus.google.com/u/1/communities/117863647529279870529>folks
most likely would qualify as well if you count their quadcopters and
brewing prowess!

Carpe diem!
Tim