[Chugalug] Darling for Mac OS X Apps On Linux

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 20:04:52 UTC 2013

The multiple display niceness in Parallels is pretty new. A couple months
ago the best you could manage was to stretch the Parallels window across
both screens. And nothing is more frustrating than a flaky Mac. You can't
repair it except by taking it to some "genius" at an Apple Store. I
wouldn't own a Mac if I didn't have a surprisingly non-busy Apple Store
down the street.

As for Apple vs. Google: I have been using AirPlay in daily standup
meetings for several months now (our IT people just plugged Apple TVs into
the HDMI2 on our projectors). When can I get this to work with a
Chromecast? How far are they back-ordered? Can I switch to Firefox for
content, like Dell iDRAC or ESXi Web Client, that doesn't work well in
Chrome?

Of course, I have a Nexus 4, not an iPhone. I like OS-X because it's a
consumer-oriented Unix. I use it the same way I do Linux except that there
are many more consumer apps available for OSX than Linux and some are more
stable. Google doesn't have a viable desktop/laptop operating system.

P.S. Everyone I personally know who works for Google uses a Mac. Most even
have iPhones.