[Chugalug] WINE (was Re: Darling for Mac OS X Apps On Linux)

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Thu Aug 8 17:19:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 22:05:50 -0400
William Wade <willm.wade at gmail.com> wrote:
> Considering the success of Wine (which although very buggy, has done
> amazing things considering the task), it should be a much easier task
> to create an API layer for OSX.

So mention of WINE reminded me that I saw this press release yesterday:
http://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/press/20100811/

   CODEWEAVERS CEO NAMES HIMSELF “EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH” FOR 175TH
   CONSECUTIVE MONTH
   Software Developer CodeWeavers Leader Calls Feat
   “Jack Welchian” as He Awards Himself Honorary Plaque

Good to know he's got a sense of humor...

And, yes, I've been a happy CodeWeavers customer.

Dan