[Chugalug] Cisco Account Managers

Joe Freeman joe at netbyjoe.com
Thu Aug 8 15:43:22 UTC 2013

There are a lot of tech companies that are setup that way as far as
distribution. There are two really large distributors - Ingram Micro and
Tech Data. However, they only sell wholesale, and then only partners can
buy anything but the most basic stuff (lower end routers/switches) from
them.

I buy a lot of my new cisco from CDW. For big deals, I can loop in a Cisco
AM with my CDW rep and get a better discount than normal. I haven't been
able to confirm it, but I'd bet CDW gets a lot of their stuff from Ingram
or Tech Data.

Joe