[Chugalug] Open Source CMS

Lee Walker mrscumbagtoyou at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 21:00:23 UTC 2013

Not Joomla because Joomla is really pretty awful underneath.
Pretty enough on the outside, spaghetti logic on the inside. What do
you expect of a fork of Mambo?

Wordpress is good if your use cases hits what Wordpress does. But it's
also a massive security hole unless you really work at it - as others
have said. Wordpress is a blogging engine with other stuff tacked on
after the fact.

*Cough* Disclaimer - I run a Drupal shop. I also run the Chattanooga
Drupal Users Group.
There is a learning curve to Drupal, it's not that bad.
You can do way more with Drupal than you can with pretty much any other system.
The Drupal community is amazing.
www.drupalcampchattanooga.com Nov9th 2013 - I'm running it.

You initially said you needed to customize a CMS. If that is so then
there really is only 1 choice. Drupal.
You use Drupal to build the custom CMS you need. It makes no
assumptions of what you need it for, but therefore does require more
initial configuration at the beginning to customize it to your needs.
More power is more complex - but its not that much more complex to set
up really.

You can give me a call if you need Drupal pointers or help if that's
what you pick to use in the end.

(If you only need something really simple, the power of Drupal will
overwhelm you.)

Lee

--
Lee Walker