[Chugalug] Cisco Account Managers

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 17:13:21 UTC 2013

Thanks, Joe.

Sounds to me like it would make sense to go ahead and become a Cisco
Partner (just so that I can say we're a partner, and so that we can gain
access to training, etc...) and that would make it easier for us in the
future to grow into higher level partners if we want / need to.

But then, for now, to continue with the plan I outlined earlier, buying
equipment from a reseller such as Preferred or someone else.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Joe Freeman <joe at netbyjoe.com> wrote:

> You are looking for a Cisco Partner, not an Account Manager.
>
> Becoming a Cisco Partner is easy and gives you access to a ton of Cisco
> training and assistance. For the basic Partner, there's no sales quota, or
> skills quota as I recall. Just fill out a web form. That level also means
> you purchase from another reseller, not from Cisco, and doesn't entitle you
> to any discounts. If you want to move up the partner ladder, there are
> skills (certifications), sales, and customer satisfaction quotas you have
> to meet that all increase as you move up the ladder.
>
> If you're just looking for a Cisco partner locally, there are many-
> http://tools.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/performBasicSearch.do is the
> search tool.
>

> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM, David White <dwrudy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Who of you are Cisco Account Managers, and/or what businesses in town do
>> you recommend for purchasing Cisco equipment?
>>
>> I'm starting to find that more of my clients need network gear, and
>> knowing a little bit about Cisco makes me want to stick with that product
>> as opposed to other manufacturers like Netgear, Juniper, etc... (having
>> done some work with Cisco products in the past and owning the CCNA books
>> from Cisco Press and thinking about getting that cert).
>>
>> I know about InfoSystems and Preferred Computers. Anyone else you guys
>> would recommend?
>>
>> Basically at this point, I know I don't do enough volume to become a
>> Cisco Account Manager ourselves (through my business, CENTS LLC), and quite
>> frankly, I'd prefer to avoid having to handle sales tax, etc... right now.
>>
>> But at the same time, I know that I can easily have my clients purchase
>> equipment off Amazon, and what I'm trying to figure out is if any local
>> vendors can beat Amazon prices, and if so, if there might be a way I could
>> collaborate with them on sales (commission, etc...)
>>
>> - David
>>
>> --
>> David White
>> Founder & CEO
>> *
>> *
>> *CENTS *
>> Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting
>> Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide
>> http://developCENTS.com <http://developcents.com/>
>> 423-693-4234

David White