[Chugalug] Bitcoin = scam

Tyler Mittan flashbatmanquestion at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 14:57:19 UTC 2013

Have you ever read Mises or Hayek? What's ironic is that wiki's are
essentially Hayek's insight so I love reading the Rational Wiki full
knowing that they truly believe in the ideas that the Mises Institute
advocates. So the Rational Wiki is more of just a joke. Besides, I posted
George Selgin, too.

On Aug 7, 2013 10:36 AM, "Stephen Kraus" <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ludwig_von_Mises_Institute
>
> All I have to say about anything Mises and Lew Rockwell related.
>
> On Aug 7, 2013 9:32 AM, "Tyler Mittan" <flashbatmanquestion at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> http://mises.org/daily/6401/
>> http://www.freebanking.org/2013/04/22/bitcoin/
>>
>> Here are two specifically about bitcoin. The law of supply and demand
dictates the worth of just about anything we consider valuable. Money is no
different. It doesn't matter if it is bitcoin or the dollar. That's why
there is such thing as inflation because it causes an influx in money being
spent which then creates higher prices because more money being spent
creates the incentive to raise prices. This also explains why we might not
be experiencing the inflation many economists expected us to because while
the new credit expansion is definitely there, banks are holding onto it
because of uncertainty. So I was not directly saying that bitcoin's worth
is dictated by the law of supply and demand, I am saying that all money is.
Bitcoin included. I agree that many people don't accept it, but I think
they would in the absence of a monopoly on currency via the government.

>> On Aug 7, 2013 10:21 AM, "Stephen Kraus" <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Post your links.
>>>
>>> Also, before quoting 'law of supply and demand' which is one of the
most often misquoted economic terms, please provide me with a list of banks
that accept bitcoins as a trade medium, and major retailers that accept
them.

>>> Also, let me be clear in my intentions with this: it is not to call
anyone out or plaster anyone as a fool, but merely to play devils advocate
and provide skepticism

and demand. Nothing has its value “set" unless there is some kind of price
control. The value is set by the law of supply and demand.

than the worth of a bitcoin will not be able to one day be worthless unless
everybody decides to stop taking bitcoins. Right now it is almost a
currency, but it won't be such as long as the us government decides it
doesn't want a competing currency.

be worth reading what they have to say before knocking it.