[Chugalug] Bitcoin = scam

Tyler Mittan flashbatmanquestion at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 14:31:33 UTC 2013

http://mises.org/daily/6401/
http://www.freebanking.org/2013/04/22/bitcoin/

Here are two specifically about bitcoin. The law of supply and demand
dictates the worth of just about anything we consider valuable. Money is no
different. It doesn't matter if it is bitcoin or the dollar. That's why
there is such thing as inflation because it causes an influx in money being
spent which then creates higher prices because more money being spent
creates the incentive to raise prices. This also explains why we might not
be experiencing the inflation many economists expected us to because while
the new credit expansion is definitely there, banks are holding onto it
because of uncertainty. So I was not directly saying that bitcoin's worth
is dictated by the law of supply and demand, I am saying that all money is.
Bitcoin included. I agree that many people don't accept it, but I think
they would in the absence of a monopoly on currency via the government.